We just purchased our first home in a small, quaint and charming little town in northern Wisconsin. Let the fun begin! While raising our six blessings, we are going to attempt to revitalize our cozy Dutch Colonial Revival home. Follow along and see what we learn, discover, and overcome in the process. It is sure to be a houseful of laughs!

Friday, November 16, 2012

I Love My Heat Gun...I Love My Heat Gun...

I love my heat gun.....if I keep repeating this to myself, maybe it will come true! Actually, I really do appreciate my heat gun. My hands and arms are just starting to get really sore. My wonderful husband has been very busy this week and some of the work necessitated him being out of town for a few days. Since there are not very many projects that I can do without his capable hands, I decided that I would tackle stripping the carpet adhesive from the floor in the master bedroom.

Oi vey.....what was I thinking?

The heat gun that I am using is a Wagner and overall, I have been really happy with it. Thus far, it has stripped the kitchen, most of the back entryway, the stairwell trim, and now a good portion of the floor in the master bedroom. Unfortunately, this wonderful piece of equipment gets heavy after repeated hours of continuous use. It is all I can do to type right now....my hands and wrists are so sore. I am so thankful that this adhesive is nothing like the black stuff on the kitchen floor. And that it is nap time for the littlest Fuller! Yeah! Break time!

The good news is that when the heat is applied to the carpet adhesive, it turns to the consistency of hot caramel and just has to be scraped off. This means I can clear a fairly good sized section in about an hour. The bad news is that the master bedroom is the length of the entire house and really wide. Thus far I have finished an approximate six foot square. I am about half-way across the room in either direction.

I was hoping to get the entire floor done by the end of the day today, but now, I don't see that happening. Maybe I will be able to get it finished by the end of tomorrow. I really want it done prior to next week since we are having some family over to celebrate Thanksgiving. With so much of our house deconstructed, it would be nice to show that we have made progress...somewhere....anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment