We just purchased our first home in a small, quaint and charming little town in northern Wisconsin. Let the fun begin! While raising our six blessings, we are going to attempt to revitalize our cozy Dutch Colonial Revival home. Follow along and see what we learn, discover, and overcome in the process. It is sure to be a houseful of laughs!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cucumbers & Basil

I recently attended a Ladies of Virtue meeting for our church. I was asked to bring tea sandwiches. I had never made these types of sandwiches before, but I was super excited because I had just gotten a KitchenAid Stand Mixer and was itching to test it. First, I made some french bread using Pillsbury dough and my Pampered Chef bread tin. While that was baking, I made 2 loaves of homemade white bread using the new mixer. The next day, I whipped up to salad spreads. The first was tuna and the second, a cream cheese base for cucumbers. I topped the tuna tea sandwiches with fresh basil, picked right from our garden. The little cucumbers for the cucumber tea sandwiches also came from my garden.



I thought that these came out looking beautiful! And they didn't taste too bad either (surprising since I am not a big fan of either tuna or cucumbers!).

The cucumbers are starting to really pick up in quantity and most days, I am able to can at least one quart. Right now, I am making only dill pickles, and once my dill seasoning runs out, I will switch to bread and butter. I am really pleased with the results of these Parisian Pickling Cucmbers!


Happy Canning to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment